Table of contents
If you're considering outsourcing your scanning needs, it's important to do your research and find a reliable vendor to ensure the smooth and efficient handling of your documents.
In this post, we've compiled a comprehensive list of questions you should ask any document scanning company before deciding to use their services.
From their technical capabilities to their customer service, these questions will help you evaluate whether a vendor is the right fit for your needs.
So, without further ado, let's dive into the list!
- How long has your company been in business?
- What types of documents have you scanned in the past?
- What is your scanning process, and how is it different from other companies?
- Do you have experience with scanning confidential or sensitive documents?
- What types of scanners and equipment do you use?
- Do you provide quality assurance and control processes?
- How do you handle large-volume projects?
- What is the average turnaround time for completing a scanning project?
- Do you offer the option for on-site scanning?
- Can you provide references or case studies from previous clients?
- What security measures do you have in place to protect confidential documents?
- Can you handle scanning documents in multiple languages?
- Do you offer OCR (Optical Character Recognition) services?
- Do you provide indexed files and/or searchable PDFs?
- What types of file formats do you offer (JPEG, PDF, TIFF, etc.)?
- How do you handle damaged documents or documents with staples or paper clips?
- Can you provide secure destruction services for physical documents after scanning?
- How do you handle misfiled documents?
- Can you handle different paper sizes and formats (i.e. legal, A4, etc.)?
- Can you provide a secure online portal for viewing and accessing scanned documents?
- How do you handle document retention and storage?
- What is your customer service process, and how do you address any issues or concerns?
- Can you provide support for integrating scanned documents into existing document management systems?
- What are your pricing and payment options?
- How do you customize scanning options to fit specific project needs?
- Do you offer any additional document-related services (i.e. shredding, digital mailroom, BPO, archival storage)?
- Is your company certified in any industry standards or security protocols (i.e. HIPAA, SOC 2 Type 2)?
- What is your disaster recovery plan?
- Are your employees trained or certified in any specific document scanning techniques or software?
- How do you keep up to date with industry changes and advancements?
- What industries do you specialize in, and do you have relevant experience in our industry?
In conclusion, when it comes to choosing a document scanning company, it's important to ask the right questions to ensure you receive the desired level of service, quality, and security.
Through the 31 questions listed above, you can assess a company's capabilities, experience, infrastructure, compliance, and customer support, among other criteria.
Don't hesitate to reach out to potential providers and request additional information or clarification as needed.
Most importantly, take the time to carefully evaluate options, read reviews, and compare pricing before making a decision.
By doing so, you can have confidence that the company you select will help you achieve your document management goals and protect your sensitive information.
Looking to scan your documents? Let's get you a quote!
You May Also Like
These Related Stories