Table of contents
As the world becomes more digital, more and more companies are scanning all their documents and going paperless. While this may seem like a great idea for the environment and for efficiency, it leaves a lot of filing cabinets lying around with no use. But fear not, fellow office workers! Here are some fun ways companies can use their filing cabinets after they've gone paperless.
- Secret escape room: You know those escape room games people love? Well, turn your old filing cabinets into a secret escape room for your coworkers. Just make sure you hide some snacks and drinks in there so they don't get too hangry.
- Kickball goalpost: Who says filing cabinets can't be athletic? Set two of them up as a goalpost for office kickball games. Just make sure you put the files in the cabinets or things could get messy.
- DIY party pinata: Fill a cabinet with candy, streamers, and confetti and let your coworkers take turns trying to find the good stuff inside. The last one to break open the cabinet becomes the office punchline.
- Elevated plant stand: Bring a little greenery into the office by using the drawers of a filing cabinet as planters. Bonus points for creating a plant sculpture by stacking the cabinets on top of each other.
- Office racing: Okay, hear us out, paint the cabinets different colors, attach wheels, and let your coworkers race around the office on their filing-cabinet go-karts.
- DIY rollercoaster: Have a particularly long hallway in the office? Turn it into an adrenaline-fueled ride by constructing a makeshift rollercoaster out of filing cabinets. Just make sure you put some helmets on before trying it out.
- Filing cabinet-turned-mini fridge: Stick a few cold ones in there, and you’ve got yourself a makeshift happy hour station.
- Time-out corner: You’ve got a colleague who won’t stop talking about their kids’ soccer games? Stick them in the filing cabinet for a few minutes of peace and quiet. Bonus points if you set a timer.
- Filing cabinet slide: Staple a slip ‘n’ slide to the front of the top drawer, and enjoy a thrilling ride around the office. Don’t forget to yell “WEEEEEEE!”
- Filing cabinet aquarium: Just fill ‘er up with water and some fish, and you’ve got yourself a funky new home for your aquatic friends.
- Secret lair: Kick your feet up, grab a martini, and channel your inner James Bond. Just don’t forget to lock the door.
- Filing cabinet curling: Who needs a curling rink when you’ve got a couple of filing cabinets and a broom? Just don’t bonk anyone on the head.
- Filing cabinet dresser: Ditch the IKEA furniture and upgrade to a new filing cabinet wardrobe. Socks in the top drawer, shirts in the second… you get the idea.
- Filing cabinet bar cart: Turn those drawers into makeshift shelves, load ‘em up with booze and mixers, and serve up some fancy cocktails.
- Filing cabinet smoker: Craving some smoked brisket? Grab a filing cabinet, throw in some wood chips and a hot plate, and voila! Instant smoker.
- Filing cabinet zen garden: Fill the drawers with sand, add a few rocks and a miniature rake, and you’ve got the perfect place to meditate.
So there you have it, folks. Who says filing cabinets are obsolete? With a little creativity, they can still be the heart and soul of your office. Who knows, you might just discover the next big office trend.
Bummed out that your filing cabinets are still full of paper? No problem! Get a quote to scan your documents!
You May Also Like
These Related Stories