Table of contents
Many organizations are looking at bulk document scanning services to transform their paper records into a modern document management system that provides employees with easy access to information and enhances data security. Using the services of a professional bulk scanning service provider is the easiest way out of the paper nightmare!
Bulk Document Scanning: A Professional Approach To Digitization
Bulk scanning refers to converting large volumes of physical documents into digital documents. When converting large volumes of paper documents into a digital format, you must use a professional scanning facility with production-grade scanning equipment and trained technicians who know how to rapidly and accurately process high volumes of documents in a short amount of time.
Most importantly, after scanning, a professional bulk scanning provider will extract essential information and convert it into searchable text via data capture software. As a result, you get a central database of all your business documents that is searchable, so your employees can retrieve any record they need in just a few seconds. Otherwise, locating a specific record when you need it from among thousands of scanned images is like searching for a needle in a haystack!
The Benefits Of Bulk Scanning
Paper is an obsolete way of storing information. Paper processes are slow and inefficient. Physical documents are challenging to organize, prone to damage, easily misplaced, and require large amounts of physical storage space.
There are many benefits to scanning your physical paper archives and storing them digitally:
Reduction In Costs
Storing physical records requires expensive office space, storage racks and filing cabinets. Digital storage does away with all these, resulting in huge savings. It also cuts down expenses associated with physical records management like buying paper, printer cartridges, photocopying and document mailing costs.
Enhanced Data Security
Accidental data loss, data breaches, and intentional theft of sensitive personal information from paper documents are issues organizations worry about when transitioning to digital records. Storing the digital files in a robust and secure document management system with access control, file encryption, and audit trails will ensure complete data safety.
Lowered Error Rates
Automated high-speed scanning eliminates the need for manual data entry and ensures accurate and error-free data capture.
Data Loss Prevention
Digitization prevents data loss due to damage to legacy paper documents by mold, mildew, rodents, fading and natural disasters.
Physically searching for essential paper documents is time-consuming. And time is money. Digitally stored documents are easily retrieved from anywhere, saving time and money.
Team members can also access documents simultaneously and share information from any remote location, making it easier to share data and collaborate.
Common Applications for Bulk Scanning of Documents
Government agencies that bulk scan their records can reap a number of benefits. Scanning bulk documents allows for fast and efficient data entry, improved accuracy in the recorded information, and a reduction in physical storage space requirements. Additionally, bulk scanning documents helps to ensure the security of sensitive documents by creating easily-trackable digital copies.
Bulk scanning student records offers a host of advantages to schools. For example, bulk scanning allows for streamlined data entry and improved accuracy in the recorded information, meaning students will receive the most accurate records possible. Bulk document scanning also reduces time-consuming paperwork while simultaneously providing teachers and staff an easier way to track and manage documents.
Enterprise Document Scanning
Enterprise document scanning provides organizations with improved accuracy and efficiency in the data entry process, enhanced document security by creating easily-trackable digital copies, and significant cost savings associated with physical storage requirements. Additionally, bulk scanning documents can help alleviate time-consuming paperwork while supporting compliance with strict regulations regarding safeguarding confidential records. It also allows for fast access to critical information without having to locate and handle paper files.
Mortgage lenders who bulk scan their documents are able to enjoy the benefits of increased accuracy and improved security. By bulk scanning mortgage records, lenders can save time and resources spent on manual data entry and reduce storage costs associated with physical documents. Additionally, bulk scanning loan records allows for easily-trackable digital copies that can help protect sensitive information from any potential threats or breaches. Through bulk document scanning, mortgage lenders can also ensure compliance with strict regulations regarding the safekeeping and accuracy of confidential loan documents.
Hospitals that bulk scan their medical records can benefit from improved accuracy and data entry speed, as well as enhanced document security. Bulk scanning medical records provides a secure way to store and track sensitive patient information, helping to prevent any unauthorized access or malicious activity. Additionally, bulk scanning documents can save hospitals time and resources spent on manual data entry by quickly converting paper records into easily-manageable digital files. This ensures that all patient information is up-to-date and easily accessible when needed.
Organizations that bulk scan their Human Resources records can enjoy a number of advantages, including increased accuracy and improved document security. Bulk scanning HR records drastically reduces the time and resources spent on manual data entry, as bulk documents can be quickly scanned into easily-trackable digital files. Additionally, bulk scanning allows organizations to maintain compliance with strict regulations related to the safekeeping of confidential HR documents, ensuring employee information is properly protected from unauthorized access or malicious activity. Furthermore, bulk scanning helps to reduce physical space requirements by eliminating the need for bulky filing cabinets or storage boxes for paper files.
The Bulk Document Scanning Process
The best document scanning companies follow a well-defined, secure and efficient process to scan your documents, ensuring high levels of scanning quality, data capture accuracy and complete data security.
Common steps include:
- Define project requirements and objectives: Scanning project managers first determine the physical condition of your documents, assess the number of records to convert, and the time frame for conversion. Depending on your budget, they create a plan to scan all documents together or offer you a program for scanning a fixed number of records every month. They articulate the objectives of your scanning project and identify which key data fields their OCR/ICR software must capture and how you want your documents delivered.
- Document pickup and transportation: They provide secure transportation of documents to their scanning facility by experienced staff after security vetting and background checks. If your documents are highly fragile or cannot leave your premises due to regulatory compliances, most companies can also offer onsite scanning services.
- Prep documents for scanning: Trained technicians check all documents for physical damage and prep them for loading into the scanners, removing any clips, staples, etc.
- Scan and QC: The documents undergo high-resolution scanning using the latest scanning hardware and software. QC teams will check every scanned image and recommend image enhancements as required to ensure high quality and readability.
- Data capture: Many document scanning companies use advanced OCR/ICR software for indexing and classification. Optical Character Recognition (OCR) and Intelligent Character Recognition (ICR) tools accurately extract key data fields from scanned documents.
- Shred or return originals: After scanning is complete, the originals will be returned to your premises or shredded, as agreed at the start of the project.
One-Time Scanning Or Scan-On Demand
Volume batch scanning or back file scanning could be a one-time project in which the company scans all your archives in one continuous project.
Alternatively, you could choose to scan on demand, meaning the project is split up into a monthly activity, scanning a fixed number of documents every month or as required for your business operations.
To keep you paperless, you should also consider day-to-day routine scanning services, for example, scanning paper mail.
Why Hire A Professional Bulk Scanning Company
Are you considering handling paper document conversion in-house to save costs? Remember that while this may sound tempting, you will most likely spend much more!
Here are just some of the reasons you should outsource the job to a professional scanning service:
- A professional bulk scanning company has state-of-the-art equipment that you may not have or will be expensive to procure.
- They use staff trained exclusively for this purpose to ensure accuracy and speed.
- In-house scanning generally costs more as your staff may be less efficient and make more errors as they are not trained in bulk scanning.
Finding A Document Scanning Company For Your Bulk Scanning Project
Digitizing your documents with a reputable document scanning company can help simplify your workflow processes by giving you quick access to important information whenever you need it without having to search through a warehouse full of paper records.
If you're interested in learning more about how bulk scanning can benefit your business, contact DocCapture today for assistance connecting with some of the best document scanning companies available!
Looking to scan your documents? Let's get you a quote!
You May Also Like
These Related Stories